Clear Creek ISD Announces Plans for 2021-2022 School Year
LEAGUE CITY, TX -- The Clear Creek Independent School District will open and operate schools in the 2021-2022 school year in the way that much more closely resembles normal, pre-pandemic, operations rather than the 2020-2021 school year.
Students, staff and families will experience the activities and routines that are synonymous with Clear Creek ISD including but not limited to full use of classroom supplies and labs, campus performances, classroom celebrations, holiday lunches, etc.
In accordance with Governor Greg Abbott’s Executive Order issued on May 18, 2021, face coverings will not be required in any CCISD facility.
Clear Creak ISD, with the assistance of the 2021-2022 School Opening Committee, identified instructional, operational and health practices from the 2020-2021 school year that should be added to the blank slate of pre-pandemic practices.
In the 2020-2021 school year, Clear Creek ISD added ten minutes to the school day to allow for students and staff to properly wash their hands without impeding on instructional time. For the 2021-2022 school year, all schools will maintain five of those ten minutes to address instructional needs. The new release times will be:
High School 2:35 p.m.; Elementary School 3:20 p.m.; Intermediate School 4:05 p.m.
Each teacher will have access to district-provided hand sanitizer, alcohol wipes and cleaning supplies.
Frequent cleaning of high touch areas including restrooms and cafeterias will occur throughout the school day by CCISD custodial staff.
Alcohol-based hand sanitizing stations will be located throughout all buildings, in common areas and on school buses.
Each campus will be cleaned nightly.
In the event of an active COVID-19 positive case, CCISD will conduct a deep cleaning of the affected area(s) in accordance with Centers for Disease Control guidelines.
Personal Protective Equipment
Face coverings will be available for use by personal choice.
Employees in need of a workplace accommodation must contact CCISD Human Resources.
Attendance and Exemptions
CCISD will regularly communicate the importance of staying home if ill.
Parents may utilize Skyward Family Access Center to report an absence. Parents may call the campus or send in a doctor’s note to receive an excused absence for illnesses.
Absenteeism reports will be shared with the school nurse for health surveillance purposes.
Perfect attendance awards will not be presented, and attendance criteria will not be used for exam exemptions.
Students out ill with COVID-19 symptoms should remain home and follow CDC guidelines and CCISD illness protocols. Students will be allowed to make up assignments in accordance with CCISD grading guidelines.
Breakfast and Lunch
Refillable water bottle stations and water fountains will be available.
Grab-and-Go meals will continue for those who prefer individually wrapped items
Positive COVID-19 Cases and Close Contact Tracing
As required, the Clear Creek Independent School District will report any known COVID-19 cases to the local health authority.
Parents may elect to keep their student home from school in the event of a positive COVID-19 case in their child’s classroom(s). The absence will be excused with a note from a parent/guardian.
CCISD will activate its Contact Tracing System as indicted in “Stage 2” of the Health Mitigation Protocols. Otherwise, CCISD will support local health authorities in any applicable contact tracing efforts.
Students and staff members who have been fully vaccinated will not be required to quarantine if exposed to a person with COVID-19 and remain asymptomatic.
Students or staff members who contract COVID-19 will be required to follow local health guidelines and/or doctor’s orders. Employees may use accrued leave. Students will be excused from school.
Employees who have been identified by the local health department as a close contact may take accrued leave to quarantine or follow the Centers for Disease Control Return to Work Guidelines which include:
- Pre-Screen: Encourage employees planning to enter the workplace to self-screen at home prior to coming onsite. Employees should not attempt to enter the workplace if any of the following are present: symptoms of COVID-19; temperature equal to or higher than 100.4 oF1; or are waiting for the results of a viral test.
- Screen at the workplace: Employers should conduct an on-site symptom assessment, including temperature screening, prior to each work shift. Ideally, screening should happen before the individual enters the facility.
- Regularly monitor: As long as the employee doesn’t have a fever or symptoms, they should self-monitor under the supervision of their employer’s occupational health program or their workplace COVID-19 coordinator or team.
- Wear a cloth mask: Ensure all employees wear a cloth mask in accordance with CDC and OSHA guidance and any state or local requirements.
- Social Distance: Employee should stay at least 6 feet apart from others and practice social distancing as work duties permit in the workplace.
- Clean and disinfect workspaces: Clean and disinfect all areas such as offices, bathrooms, common areas, shared equipment routinely.
- CCISD will communicate COVID-19 active cases daily through email and the District website. A separate classroom notification will be sent to parents in the event a student or staff member tests positive for COVID-19 informing families to monitor their health.
2021-2022 Health Mitigation Protocols
The school district has also established a health surveillance system which may require Clear Creek ISD to implement certain health mitigation measures in stages dependent on the rate of a virus infection in the community and/or a specific school.